Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Update

Hello all,

It's been far too long since my last post on here so I thought it was time to give a brief update. God's faithfulness continues to shine through so strong to all of us. Some days I am overwhelmed at His goodness and mercy to us. He is so worthy to be trusted!

Precious family

We are planning another spring tour that will Lord willing include going to the east coast again. We are leaving around April 18th and need to be home around June. 16th. Would really covet your prayers for the trip. We just want to be so used by God and that we would surrender ourselves to Him so that He would shine through. It's all about Him.

Our family is also about to release a new CD titled, "Story of My Life". Mom has once again written all the songs and we pray the CD will bless you and draw you closer to our Savior. I'm excited about sharing it with you all. We are scheduled to receive the CDs from the manufacturer next week. (Around April. 1st).

You can listen to sound clips and order the CD on the revamped www.josties.com website. You can also keep up with our travels with the blog there.

Jesse and Heidi are doing well and blessed to have two children in John-Michael and Sophia. Jon and Sharla are blessed with two as well in Lucy and Nathan. They also have one on the way! It's so cool having adorable little nieces and nephews around. We love them all to pieces. :)

Aunt Amy-Joy with her four nieces and nephews.

Entire Jost Clan

Joel recently started the goal of releasing one short film a week on YouTube via the JostieFlicks channel. If you have any interest you can watch some them here. :)

Have a lot of great fun times and conversations with Joel and Emz

I continue to stay really busy with Siah Design. It's sometimes a challenge though to keep a balanced work week and not let my work become too much of the focus. As with any career, there is the temptation to make it the center instead of making God the center and letting all that you do glorify Him. Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Cor. 10:31
Eventually I hope to only need to work a few days a week to provide and then the other part of the week I could devote to wherever else God would have me serving.

On another note, a few weeks ago I had a little scare with my upright bass. It fell off it's stand and broke into a few pieces. I had JUST put on brand new strings so it was a bit hard to see it happen. We weren't 100% sure we would be able to fix it but after some phone calls/research with some Luthiers and Dad's help we were able to get it fixed. It's now back to fine working order with the new strings back on. Phew... :) The bass was given to me back in 2007 as a gift. I continue to be so grateful for it.

Before being fixed

After. :)

That's a brief update. Not sure how long it will be till my next post but I'll try to keep posts more regular.

Keep your eyes on the Savior and continue to serve Him and your family wherever you are.

In Christ,

Josiah

2 comments:

sbcjr said...

Love your perspective on things, Siah. Incredibly encouraging to read.

Josiah J. said...

Thanks for reading, Steven! Indeed, we serve an awesome God.